This 1916 built tower is a technical masterstroke. In the past it was used to provide a nitrocellulose factory with water. Today it is one of the contemporary witnesses of an explosive period: At this place Alfred Nobel discovered 1866 the dynamite, a mixture of nitroglycerine and diatomite.
Historical walks around the water tower and the ancient dynamite factory are organised frequently by the fundraising group.
|30.09.20 Bahrenfeld - das neue Ottensen?|
|22.11.20 Salben aus Wildkräutern|